Simplicity

When I read I am looking for information. Even if I am reading fiction, the focus is on the words which convey ideas. The written word should be functional. Anything beyond the words is merely a distraction, a diversion from the function, form without meaning. The focus must be on what has been written.

I have perhaps spent more time than I should simplifying the format of this blog so you aren't distracted. There are no images to pull your eyes from the words. I've used two fonts and three colors. The type is large enough to read without being huge. I've embraced minimalism. These words, then, stand on their own. Only one post at a time is shown in order to provide focus.

It is my hope that, in choosing simplicity, the freedom to focus is gained.

I welcome any suggestions you may have on how to refine the layout or approach simplicity in any way.

No comments: